Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back to School

Today I started back to school and it was an extrememly busy day!  It felt really nice to be back to something a bit more familiar and seeing some friendly faces.  The boys were also excited to see one another and were very anxious but overall it was a great day.

I started helping with "Athletics" today as my sport for the season.  This is what they call Track & Field and I have the proviledge of helping out with the High Jump!  Don't worry...I'm just helping.  There are 3 other guys there who are actually doing the coaching.  Haha!  It was definitely entertaining to see all of the boys trying to jump over the bar.  Some were able to sail over it with ease...some had a little less luck. 

At St. Andrews, all of the students participate in every sport.  With each season comes new sports with this season having all of the track and field events, Cricket, and Tennis.  They rotate through the seasoned sports on a weekly basis.  The ones who want to actually be on the team (and who are good enough) get to compete against the other schools, etc.  I think it's really neat that all of the students get to participate!

Tonight was spent making cupcakes for my students for my birthday tomorrow!  I know it's a little strange for me to take cake for myself but it was a good excuse for me to make cupcakes and to allow me to treat my students...I'll take any excuse!  I hope the enjoy them as much as I enjoyed licking the bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment