Sunday, September 19, 2010

Jazz and Basketball

This morning I went to a jazz concert in the park and it was really nice!  It felt good to be at a completely "local" event with lots of families there, the weather was perfect, and the music was very good too.  Some of the people even brought picnic lunches and stuff so it was really cute.  It reminded me a lot of an event that my mom would want to go to!

This afternoon I went to a basketball tournament between 2 of the local colleges, Rhodes University and Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University.  It was really interesting and much different than American basketball that's for sure.  I was actually able to meet Andile, a guy who worked in Colorado this summer with one of my friends.  He was playing for NMMU.  Basketball is so much more laid back here with much less pressure.  Because it is much less popular than rugby and cricket, I think they typically think of it as less important.

No comments:

Post a Comment