Sunday, October 3, 2010

Camp Out and Sponsored Walk

This weekend was the annual Camp out and Sponsored Walk at Prep. If you haven’t noticed there is always something going on…but I like it that way! I guess with it being a boarding school they have to keep those boys busy doing something or they would just get into trouble!
Some of my Grade 4's at their tents!

Friday night started the camp out. This was a mandatory outing where all of the boys as well as the male teachers left after school to head out to a farm about 20 minutes outside of town. They pitched their tents and bonded over a camp fire!  A few of the teachers and I went out for the braai (cookout) and to see what all they were getting into.  The boys seemed to be having a wonderful time just being boys!
Me with some of the boys!

Saturday morning was the Sponsored Walk. This is a 15 kilometer (9.4 mile) walk from the camp site through fields all the way back to the school. This is done every year as a fundraiser where the students raise money for participating in the walk. Families, staff, and other people in the community participate in the walk as well so of course I did too! 
The path of the Sponsored Walk

I actually really enjoyed participating in the walk! Although it was pretty long, it was very entertaining especially walking for over 2 hours with a group of boys.  I heard some crazy stories and got asked some crazy questions as well, especially about life in America!  After getting back to the school there was another braai and time to hang out with all of the boys and staff.  It was a really nice weekend!

The last picture is espeically for my little brother!  We walked passed this sign and I made my boys stop just so we could take a picture!  It reminded me of you!  Just for you baby brother...

No comments:

Post a Comment