Friday, October 8, 2010

Sports Day

Today was Sports Day at Prep!  This was a lot like field day in the States but only with activities that related to athletics (track & field).  Each student competes within their houses of Tigers, Griffin, and Lions and earns points depending on their placement.  The competetion was extrememly close this year so it defintiely made it interesting when they got to the final relay race. 

Speaking of which, I had to run in one as well.  Towards the end of the day there was a 4 x 100 race betweeen the male teachers, dads, mom, Grade 7's, guy stooges, and girl stooges/teachers.  The girl's team needed another member and somehow I got talked into it.  Of course I did horribly in my jeans and bare feet but it was really fun!  And we didn't come last!

I was able to help with high jump during the day and although I just recorded what heights the students succeeded at, it was fun!  I enjoyed being able to see some of the top prep boys again too!  All of the students seemed to really enjoy themselves for sure.  I was even able to get a little sun on my cheeks; the weather was perfect!  It is slowly but surely getting warmer here and I am loving every second of the sunshine!

2 comments:

  1. They are college kids who live with the students...kinda like an RA but much more involved with the kids. It's really cool! I would have definitely been one if I lived in a place with boarding schools.

    ReplyDelete