Friday, October 1, 2010

Stretched but still the same

Every day before break, all of the boys in the entire school (all 126 of them) gather in the courtyard for "Big Classroom."  This is a time where one of the teachers share a little word of encouragement/devotion type thing and all of staff give announcements, etc.  It was totally random how it happened but, today I led it!

I happened to have enough of the "USA" Silly Bandz that I brought to share with the whole school so I thought that would be an excellent illustration.  I talked about how God puts us in situations to stretch us like rubber bands and make us better people but we always keep our same shape.  Of course I talked about my expereince in coming to a new country and how it has been really difficult at times, getting made fun of for the way I say "water" and stuff. But just because something is difficult, you mustn't just give up!  God only allows us to go through things that we can handle with his help.

"God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it." 1 Corinthians 10:13  Love this!

Of course, all of the boys absolutely loved the Silly Bandz and they all fought over who got the peace sign as well as the dollar sign.  It was so cute!  It was a really good opportunity to tell everyone how much I appreciate all of their hospitality because I will be moving down to Grade 2 at Junior Prep next week.  Everyone seemed to really enjoy it and I was really glad that I was able to share with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment