Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Last Day in Grade 4

Today was my last official day in Grade 4!  Although I will still be working at the same school, I am going down to the Junior School of St. Andrews Prep (Grades 1-3).  It still has the same headmaster, etc but is in a building down the hill with different teachers, different students and is just a different atmosphere in general.  I am sad to leave Mrs. Hobson, the boys, and all of the staff but it's not too bad because I know I am able to come back.
Grade 4's in class

The boys made me a book of their drawings to bring back with me to the States and it was so incredibly sweet!  They each painted something that would remind me of them.  Some of them drew a self-portrait, others drew themselves playing sports or something about sports and I even had one boy draw an American flag.  They each had a message on it as well.  I got a section of the Irish blessing, lots of "Remember us forever" and my favorite was, "When you look at the moon, we will be together!"  They gave this to me during Big Classroom along with a "125th Anniversary" coffee mug.  Mrs. Hobson also got me a book about Grahamstown that all of the boys signed as well. 

To finish off our air transport unit, the boys made paper airplanes and we had a competetion to see whose could fly the furthest!

The last part of the day we went out to the field for a party!  We had donuts and Coke followed by a game of "Open the Gates" that was kind of like "Sharks and Minnows."  It was definitely a great last day!
Our class
(Horrible picture of me but the best one overall)

No comments:

Post a Comment