Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Walk a mile in my shoes

Actually you shouldn't walk a mile in my shoes...unless you want lots of blisters, sore legs, and aching feet!  That has been the story of my life lately.  Because of the cold weather, I have had to wear closed toe shoes.  And in order to coordinate with my "school clothes" they are not always the most comfortable.  I have even resorted to wearing my tennis shoes on the way to school and changing once I get there (providing a very cute attire on the way!)  Becuase it is the end of term, the school schedule has been a little different and I have sometimes had to walk back and fourth to school twice in 1 day (making that 4 - 25 minute walks!) But oh well...at least I'm getting lots of exercise!

Mrs. Baxen is basically rennovating her entire house and today began the kitchen project...meaning we got to go out for dinner tonight!  We went to a really cute little Thai resturant and it was delicious!  I know I talk about food a lot, but as you can tell, good food is sometimes hard to come by so it is worth discussing. Yesterday I had a Coke and a doughnut too.  I even emailed a picture of it to my Mom...how pathetic is that!? 

Tomorrow is the last day of term for the students and Misty and I still haven't quite decided what we're going to do for the holiday yet!  We have found lots of different options!  I really want to go on like a group tour type thing all over the country and be a complete tourist!  I don't really get to be a "tourist" in Grahamstown becuase that just attracts more attention.  As if being a 6 foot tall, dark haired, dark eyed, white girl isn't enough; adding a camera only makes it worse! 

No comments:

Post a Comment